About Our Vertical-Panel Storage Tank Insulation
Our vertical-panel sidewall insulation for bulk storage tanks is a high quality, durable product designed for fast installation and long-term, weather resistant thermal control. Applications include: oil, gas, asphalt, chemical, fire protection, thermal energy storage, brewery, and food product storage and processing.
BIG’s composite insulation panels use foil-faced polyisocyanurate (PIR) foam laminated to a stucco texture, polyester-paint-finish, aluminum outer sheathing. The panels measure 24-inches wide–we cut them to fit the exact height of your tank. This made-to-order approach saves you money by reducing build time and labor costs.
Higher Energy Efficiency
We can match insulation panel R-values (the measure of thermal resistance) to the exact thermal requirements of your tank. We construct our panels from closed-cell foam that requires less thickness than other materials to meet the desired performance criteria. Foil faces on both sides and top edge of the foam create a moisture barrier that provides additional R-value by reflecting radiant heat. Polyiso foam resists moisture with a <0.3 perm water vapor transmission and <1% water absorption which helps maintain thermal efficiency and reduce potential for corrosion under insulation. We can add optional inner-face layers of mineral wool, fiberglass, calcium-silicate or foam glass to the panels in order to extend temperature range.
Superior Weather Resistance
Our panels use machine-formed, double-locking, standing seams to create a watertight seal with superior wind load resistance. Unlike other insulation systems, our vertical panel insulation does not use exposed screws that can leak or loosen. Locking out water intrusion lowers long-term maintenance costs because it reduces the possibility of energy sapping wet insulation and damaging corrosion.
- Save money by reducing heating/cooling energy costs
- Maintain product temperature and process control
- Lower maintenance costs when compared to foam or horizontal panel insulation
- Weatherproof as a result of our double rolled seam which creates a durable, watertight seal between insulation panels
- Designed to withstand hurricane force winds
- Does not require external rivets or screws, therefore reducing the chance of leaks, wet insulation and tank shell corrosion
- Engineered and factory built to custom fit the exact height of your tank
- Fast and easy installation does not require scaffolding, welding or hot work permits–saving you time and money
- Internal cable and clip anchor system eliminates the need for external bands
- Accommodates tank expansion/contraction movement by internal anchors and double rolled seams that allow for thermal movement while holding insulation panels securely in place
- Compatible with all types of conventional or standing rib tank roof insulation
- Easily modified in the field to fit tank irregularities, manholes, etc.
- Insulation panels can be repaired on-site without affecting system integrity
- Tank roof insulation systems are also available